ActiveMow-Rear-Mounted Disc Mowers
- Side-mounted mowers offering huge up/down travel
- Coil springs optimising the ground pressure and adjusting without tools
- Pto-shaft driveline for frictional connections
- Robust and fully welded cutterbar without inner shoe
- Quick-change blades
- SafeCut: Individually protected discs
- SmartCut: Stripeless cuts thanks to optimum blade overlaps
- Compact in transport as the mower inclines to the middle of the tractor for optimum weight distribution and visibility
- Fully welded: Robust, sealed and permanently lubricated
- Long-lasting satellite drive with massive spur gears: quiet running and top efficiency
- No inner shoe for trouble-free cutting
The enclosed and fully welded cutterbar meets the highest quality standards and operates
dependably and leak-free over many years of hard work. Massive and oil-immersed spur
gears impress by very quiet and reliable running in sustained peak-load operation.
The wedge-shaped cutterbar offers many height setting options. The spur gears run in massive double bearings, allowing the cutterbar to handle extremely high loads.
The established satellite drives were developed by KRONE and have proven extremely well all over the world for as many as 30 years now.Its massive spur gears with up to 59 teeth transmit the drive power down to the very last disc. The large-diameter gears rotate at reduced speeds, with a higher number of teeth meshing with the neighbouring gearwheels for even quieter running, ultimate efficiency and maximum longevity. The auxiliary gears drive one disc each and as a result are exposed to only minimum loading.
The cutterbar is driven by the right-angle gearbox just behind the inner top hat – for blockage-free operation on headlands and in awkward patches.
The eccentric bearings are positioned in such a way that the discs feed the material to the middle of the machine for the tractor to straddle it. With discs spinning in the A sense of rotation, ActiveMow R 200, R 240, R 280 and R 320 form one single swath whereas the ActiveMow R 360 forms two swaths with its discs also spinning in the A sense of rotation.
Swathing is the preferred option in wet and boggy terrain so the tractor wheels will not run on the crop for loss-free pick-up or tedding.
With discs spinning in the B sense of rotation, ActiveMow spreads the material across the full cutting width. Here the discs turn in pairs towards each other.
Spreading the material across the full machine width instead of swathing, it exposes a larger surface to the sun and wind for boosted and more uniform wilting.
Replacing blades with the help of air!
- Fastest blade changes on KRONE ActiveMow and EasyCut disc mowers and the SP BiG M mower conditioner
- Easy, fatigue-free and convenient blade changes
- Ideal for applications that require frequent blade changes
It‘s easy: Place the Quick Change claw spacer in the space between the disc with blade retaining pin and the blade carrier.
Operate the lever, applying air to the claws and pressing down the blade carrier.
The blade retaining pin is now exposed and you can remove, replace or reverse the blade. It‘s safe, simple and fast.
Position the new or reversed blade under the retaining pin and operate the lever again.
This removes the air and releases the claws, which in turn releases the knife carrier so this jacks up, locking home the blade retaining pin.
The new blade is now secured in position.
On-site use: Provided the tractor is equipped with an air compressor, Quick Change is easily used in the field.
Perfect in Every Detail
- Fast blade changes for high productivity
- Replaceable pins and wear parts
- Wide skids protecting the cutter bar
There are many reasons for choosing an ActiveMow disc mower. Just think of the quick change blades, the inexpensive wear parts and the perfect disc arrangement for stripeless cuts.
Quick-change blades are considered a must by many farmers and contractors. The blades are quick and easy to reverse or replace in situ.
Spare blades are neatly stored in this mobile drawer.
The curtain folds up for cleaning and replacing the blades – a compact design that offers superb accessibility.