Posted on 09/15/2021 at 09:59 AM by Crystal Harrison
Summer is over, and September is here!
Your heavy equipment has been working hard on several projects. The heat, mixed with the amount of time your equipment was in use, can cause stress on your equipment. Fall maintenance is now a must for your equipment!
To avoid costly repairs and replacements on your expensive equipment, preventative maintenance is a must! Here’s some tips to help you save money in the long run!
Clean your machines
- Make sure to clean the dirt and dust out of vents, filters, seals and cooling fans, along with other debris on the outside of your equipment (mud, dirt and manure) to ensure your equipment is performing as it should for the years to come. This should be done seasonally and sometimes after each use!
Hydrate the hydraulics
- Before the colder weather approaches, it’s a good idea to top off your hydraulic fluids. Don’t forget to lubricate your hoses to avoid cracks!
- To avoid your fuel gelling up, treat your fuel with a diesel fuel additive.
Check the tires
- Check your tire traction and pressure, as well as monitor and make sure no debris or common wear and tear is affecting your tire’s condition.
Commit to a program
- Create a preventative maintenance routine and stick with it all year long. Regular inspections, repairs and performance testing will ensure that you are getting the most out of your equipment and saving money along the way!
We are here for you
- At Ranko Equipment, our service technicians are well resourced to resolve your equipment needs! The service department goes above and beyond to provide outstanding support to all of our customers. The service department is also on call during the weekends and holidays!