Posted on 03/18/2021 at 10:35 AM by Crystal Harrison
Spring is here! That means it’s time to get your heavy equipment ready for the upcoming season! It doesn’t matter if you are renting or buying, you will still want to make sure your equipment is running smoothly after those chilly months.
1. Check your machine’s fluid levels, filters and grease! You will also want to check the hydraulic and engine oils as well as the coolants.
2. Check your seals. Look to see if any are damaged or need to be replaced. One thing to keep in mind, is that the black rubber O- ring might shrink in the cold. Once they have been cleaned and warmed up it can be resealed.
3. Clean any debris on the undercarriage and adjust the tension. Pay attention if repairs are needed.
4. Examine the boom and arm. Pay attention to any parts that have some wear and tear and be sure to get it fixed right away as it can turn into a larger, more expensive fix.
5. Check the heart of your heavy equipment, also known as the engine. Look for any cracks or damages and tighten any belts that may have gotten loose over time.
6. Is your battery working properly? Look at terminals and posts, check the levels and do any cleaning if needed.
7. Check the entire machine from the inside to the outside.
8. Check the lights, wipers, heater and air conditioning to ensure they are working properly.