Posted on 12/15/2020 at 09:49 AM by Angie Deever
HOW TO PREVENT MACHINES GELLING UP IN COLD WEATHER?
• Make sure you have a good quality battery.
• Adequate fuel treatment / blended fuel - #1 cold weather fuel.
• If possible, plug the machine in if it has a block heater.
To avoid a DIESEL FROM GELLING UP, you can plug the vehicle in using an engine block heater. If you don't have one already fitted to your truck, these can be fitted at your local dealership.
• Keep inside if possible.
• Make sure fuel filters are good.
IF IT GELS UP:
• Replace fuel filters.
• Treat remaining diesel in tank and add warm diesel to tank and fuel filters to get it started.